Nobody expects it to rain on their vacation so most people don’t plan for it. If you don’t have a list of alternate ideas in the case of a downpour you’re going to be left sitting in your vacation rental twiddling your thumbs. Here’s our custom list of 10 great ideas for things to do if it rains on your vacation to Holden Beach North Carolina.
- Go to the Movies – The closest movie theatre is Coastal Stadium 10 in nearby Shallotte, NC. With 10 big screens you’ll have an assortment of choices for movies. Location: 5200 Bridgers Road, Shallotte, NC.
- Bring the Movies to You – Redbox offers unlimited movies that you can rent and watch in the comfort of your vacation rental. Pick up a half dozen or so and spend the day kicked back and relaxing. At various locations: 3045 Holden Beach Rd SW, 1138 Sabbath Home Rd. SW or 1100 Sabbath Home Rd. SW, Holden Beach.
- Walk in the Rain – As long as there’s no lightning or thunder taking place, grab an umbrella, kick off your shoes, and go for a walk along the beach. Location: Right outside your door.
- Visit an Art Gallery – The Kd Morris Art Gallery & Wine Shop is where you’ll find an eclectic assortment of fine art, jewelry, pottery and other collectibles made by regional artists along with boutique wines from around the world. Location: 3422 Holden Beach Rd., Holden Beach.
- Check out the Museum of Coastal Carolina – The Museum of Coastal Carolina has many themed galleries with outstanding dioramas and exhibits about the natural history, environment, and culture of the Coastal Carolinas. Special programs are held daily. Location: 21 East Second Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC.
- Ingram Planetarium is where you can experience Laser Light & Music Shows, free science-related programs, learn about the prehistoric adventure of sea monsters, and enjoy star shows. Location: 7625 High Market Street, Sunset Beach, NC.
- Bowling, Arcades & Mini-Golf – Planet Fun offers 32 lanes for bowling, laser tag, indoor mini-golf, jungle gym, bounce house and more! Location: 349 Whiteville Road, Shallotte, NC.
- Broadway at the Beach – There is something for everyone here and you’re guaranteed to spend an entire and part of the evening staying occupied with shopping, dining in a large assortment of restaurants, and enjoying amusements such as MagiQuest, Ripley’s Aquarium, Palace Theatre, WonderWorks and so much more! Location: 1325 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Barefoot Landing – More than 100 shops and restaurants for the whole family’s enjoyment. Lots to see and do here including a reptile park, live music, and a carousel. Attractions include Alligator Adventure, House of Blues, Alabama Theatre, and so much more! Location: 4898 Highway 17 South, North Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Wilmington Trolley Co. Tours – Jump on board a trolley and weave through the bumpy cobblestone streets and hear the stories of the homes, people, and events that make Wilmington the historical city it is. The 45-minute tours depart from Water Street between Market and Dock Streets. Location: 460 Baytree Rd, Wilmington, NC
We want you to make the most of your vacation whether the weather is beautiful or it is raining out. If you’ve been considering a move to the area, there’s nothing like a few rainy days to get vacationers perusing the local available real estate. Get in touch with us at Brunswickland Realty if you’d like to look at properties.