PUBLIC BEACH ACCESSES AND PARKING
- East End of McCray Street Parking available w/2 handicapped slots
- End of Avenue D (317 OBE) Parking available adjacent
- End of Dunescape Drive Neighborhood access with no adjacent parking
- End of Avenue B Parking available adjacent
- End of Avenue A Parking available adjacent
- End of Ferry Road Parking available adjacent
- 220 Ocean Boulevard East Parking available w/ public beach access
- Adjacent to 124 OBE Parking available on side street adjacent
- Quinton Street Handicapped (112 OBE) Parking, handicapped ramp, gazebo, shower
- End of Jordan Boulevard Regional access with parking and public bath
- Between Jordan Blvd. and the bridge Access ramp with shower and ramp to beach, drop off point, 15 minute parking only
- 12. Adjacent to 301 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on Neptune Street
- Adjacent to 329 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on Neptune Street
- Adjacent to 357 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on High Point Street
- Adjacent to 389 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on Fayetteville Street
- Pier Area (2) Parking in pier lot
- Adjacent to 567 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on Starfish Street. Handicapped parking adjacent
- Adjacent to 679 Ocean Blvd. West Neighborhood access with no adjacent parking
- Adjacent to 800 Ocean Blvd. West Parking across the street on north side of road
- Adjacent to 885 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on Swordfish Drive
- Adjacent to 917 Ocean Blvd. West Parking on Marlin Drive
- Adjacent to 1017 Ocean Blvd. West Neighborhood access with no parking
Beach Rules and Regulations
The Beach Strand: (Use CAMA marked public access points unless you are entitled to use designated private walkways to the beach as a rental customer or property owner.)
- The line of sand dunes with fragile beach vegetation along the south side of Ocean Boulevard provides protection from storms. Please do not walk over the dunes to the ocean. Use the wooden walkways and ramps. Public walkways are marked with a CAMA sign. Others are private. Collect sea shells and other "beach treasures" at your leisure.
- Only emergency and official Town Staff vehicles are allowed to drive on the beach.
- There are no lifeguards when swimming. RIP TIDES can kill you. Check with Town Hall (842-6488) to see if RIP TIDES are present. If you get caught in a rip tide pulling you away from shore, swim parallel to the shoreline until you get out of the current — do not try to swim against the current back to shore.
- A popular place to "fish, wade, and shell" is at the extreme east end of the island along McCray Street . Be aware there is dangerous underwater debris in that area that should be avoided at periods of high tide — at low tide you can see it. The Town checks the beach daily, if dangerous debris is noticed, call Town Hall (842-6488).
- Jet Skis should only be operated outside 500 feet from shore. Do not ride skis onto the beach strand. Town Courtesy Patrol personnel ride the beach during the summer to monitor this activity.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed anywhere on the beach strand — or in any public place.
- Trash receptacles are placed along the beach for your convenience, please do not litter.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach from May 20 to September 10, except between 5 P.M. and 9 A.M. daily. Pets must be on a leash at all times on the island.
- No surfboard shall be carried, pushed, wheeled, ridden or otherwise used on the beach strand and/or adjacent ocean waters within 500 feet of any fishing pier located on or adjacent to property within Town limits.
- It is unlawful to dig into the sand on any part of the beach strand greater than 12 inches deep, without having a responsible person attending the area. Prior to leaving the area, any hole greater than 12 inches deep shall be filled to be level with the surrounding area, leaving the area in the same general condition in which it was found: ( Note posted speed limit signs)
Island Wide Ordinances
- No Parking on Ocean Boulevard or McCray Street, except for the northern end of McCray Street east of Dunescape Drive. Observe signs for exact parking prohibitions. The largest public parking lot is under the bridge. Public Restrooms are located there as well. An unloading and pedestrian "drop-off" point is located at the bridgehead west of Cap‘t Pete‘s Apartments. Park all along Brunswick Avenue East and West. Do not block driveways or fire hydrants.
- Bikes, roller-blades and pedestrians please share the sidewalk. No roller-blades on Ocean Boulevard.
- FIREWORKS (except for sparklers) are not allowed on the island. They will be confiscated by the Police if found.
Very Important !!!
Beginning April 23rd, 2011, along the public strand of Holden Beach, cabanas, tents and umbrellas users will be required to take down these structures nightly before 6:00 pm. This new town ordinance also includes but is not limited to: chairs, lounges, horseshoes and stakes, kayaks, paddle vessels, sailboards, surfboards, fishing gear, sporting equipment, rafts, floatation devices, beach toys, baskets, bags, towels, coolers and any other personal property items.
While these items are allowed on the beaches at this time during the day, if they are left on the beach between the hours of 6:00 pm and 7:00 am they will be classified by the Town as abandoned property and shall be removed and disposed of by the Town.
Also since there are numerous turtle nesting sights along the our strand the ordinance goes on to say that All beach equipment shall be set at least 10 feet from any sea turtle nest or dune vegetation.. So don?t put your beach items near a marked sea turtle nest and please done place anything in or on the dunes.
We wanted to share this information with you in advance so you would have the opportunity to share it with all of your family members in advance prior to arriving to Holden Beach.
Vacation rental season will be here soon and we look forward to having you stay again with us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this new ordinance or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
The Staff of
Holden Beach Vacations
800 842 6940