WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR DOG IS PART OF THE FAMILY AND WOULD NORMALLY GO WITH YOU ANYWHERE, HOWEVER, ONLY IN A DOG-FRIENDLY PROPERTY IS THIS POSSIBLE. ALTHOUGH WE CAN NOT ALLOW DOGS ON THE PROPERTY WE WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU FIND A NICE "HOTEL" FOR THEIR COMFORT. BELOW WE HAVE LISTED THE NAMES AND SOME NUMBERS OF BOARDING AND GROOMING PLACES. For both Dog-Friendly and No Pets properties please see current policy page for pet stipulations.
Browse all of our Holden Beach dog-friendly vacation rentals here.
Greenwood Pet Motel
(910) 253-6970 or (866) 738-2267
2780 Greenwood Circle SE Hwy 21, Bolivia, NC, 28422
Adams's Folly Bed & Breakfast for Pets
140 Midway Rd SE, Bolivia, NC 28422
60 Green Bay Road, NW Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469
Wags & Whiskers
5470 S. Main Street, Shallotte, NC 28470
Brunswick Animal Hospital
(910) 754-8165 or Emergency (910) 791-7387
Hwy 17 S. Supply, NC 28462
TOWN OF HOLDEN BEACH REGULATIONS
Pets are not allowed on the beach from May 20 to September 10, except between 5 PM and 9 AM daily. Pets must be on a leash at all times on the island.
HOLDEN BEACH VACATIONS RULES ON PETS
No dogs of any kind are allowed inside or outside any cottage or apartment that has the "No Pets Policy." No exceptions. We will refuse occupancy if a dog is brought and all moneys will be forfeited. If evidence of a dog is found (hair, fleas, damage) those damages will be deducted from your security deposit. Additional billing may result as well. Only dogs for the visually, mobility or hearing impaired persons with proper identification are allowed in a No Pets property. In a Dogs Allowed Property, with a minimum $200 Pet fee, only 1 small dog per reservation is allowed.
Additional Rental Lease Addendum for reservations on a Dog-Friendly Home:
Addendum to Holden Beach Vacations Rental Lease Agreement and property identified therein-
Additional Dog Policy for Dog-Friendly Properties:
Thank you for choosing to rent one of our dog-friendly properties for your vacation. Pet-friendly properties are for dogs only. Cats, birds, lizards, etc. are not allowed in the rental properties. Thank you for your understanding. We know that you are excited about bringing your dog to Holden Beach, and we are excited that we are able to allow you this privilege.
Holden Beach is proud to now offer a new Dog Park for our canine visitors! It is located near the end of Scotch Bonnet Dr. on the right just before the curve. Scotch Bonnet Dr. is located approximately mid-island just past the pier, off the 500 block of Ocean Blvd, in the second set of canals. There are two “off leash” fenced in play yards that cater to small and large breeds.
In order to make sure that we can continue to offer this convenience and possibly expand to allow dogs in more of our properties there are a few guidelines that we ask you to follow:
- Please only allow one small dog (under 45 pounds) along with a non-refundable pet fee. Any additional or larger dog(s) must be approved through our office/property owner and may result in multiple pet fees. This fee is not to cover damages caused by a dog, but just covers the privilege of bringing them along on your vacation. Any cost resulting from damages, extra cleaning, fleas, odors, etc. that occur as a result from a dog being in a property will be deducted from your refundable security deposit.
- Please pick up any and all dog waste after your dog whether on or off the rental property.
- Puppies are NOT allowed.
- Nails must be clipped to avoid scratching damage.
- The dog MUST be on a flea program, and owner must be able to provide evidence of such program if required.
- The dog can NOT be left unattended.
- The dog is NOT allowed on the furnishings or in/on bedding.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on the beach from May 20 to September 10, with the exception of the hours from 5:00 PM to 9:00 AM. Daytime during the summer season, the beach is off limits to pets and fines may be given by beach patrol to anyone with a dog on the beach. Keep in mind that otherwise, island-wide your dog must be on a leash at all times!
- It is the guest’s responsibility to report any problems or damages caused by their dog. Please see #14 on your Rental Lease Agreement.
Please feel free to contact us with any of your questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing both you and your dog at Holden Beach in the near future.
Holden Beach Vacations
I, as the leaseholder of a dog-friendly property, agree to the above policy and to meeting the above requirements.
More regulations can be found on the Holden Beach Town website.